The HUMMER Network
Home of the famous HML

Hummer Marketplace | Hummer Knowledge Base
Donate | FB | Hummer Calendar | YouTube Channel

The Hummer Network
THE Place for Hummer Owners Since 1996
Over 20 years of dedication.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   GuidelinesForum Rules   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

advertisers - Mod Mafia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARD
Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: advertisers - Mod Mafia Reply with quote

So I was putting list of vendors on the map and noticed that Mod Mafia dissipated from the list of forum sponsors. I thought I saw them on the list last week or so. Did they drop into abyss?
2001 HMCS in Black / 2 x PMD relocations (2 separate locations) / HEATH Diesel ECU / Mechanical waste gate / 4” fully welded exhaust / Scan Gauge II / RD wheel guards / HummerDan's Step Skid Guards / Balance Master Wheel Balancers / Cepek wheels / BFG T/A KO2 / Warn Winch / Rigid Light Bar / Full LED conversion /
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: advertisers - Mod Mafia Reply with quote

ARD wrote:
So I was putting list of vendors on the map and noticed that Mod Mafia dissipated from the list of forum sponsors. I thought I saw them on the list last week or so. Did they drop into abyss?

That's one way of putting it.

Will L. 95
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats a more detailed way to put it?
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will L. 95 wrote:
Whats a more detailed way to put it?

They chose to discontinue their ad.

shaunkite
Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured they would be able to afford the ad space..considering the $350 cup holders, $3000 body lifts, $3,200 rock sliders, $1,000 geared hub vents, etc..etc..etc..
Rolling Eyes

Wrap around bush guard w/12k winch, roof rack, light bar w/HIDs, Hummerdan Rock Sliders, Upgraded HVAC, Cooper Discoverer STT Pros, LED head and tail lights
HUMMER H1
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two kinds of hummer owners and hummer product makers, one kind for example like blue hummer who is honest and targets enthusiasts like all of us here on the forum, and the other like predator who targets ppl with unlimited cash, maybe mod mafia changed there target audience and thought we can’t afford there goods and it doesn’t make business sense to advertise here,
if it was me I would continue my advertising here on the forum, because the majority Humvee/ H1 owners group always looked into this forum as a go to place when help was needed.

Are we perfect? Absolutely no
Do we argue? Absolutely yes
Do we talk shit ? Absolutely yes
But we are the hummer guy we have to do all of that.

And by the way to all of the advertisers here, yes many of us can offord ur products and your 50+ 000 dollar duramax jobs and things you make, just because we are not buying them right now it doesn’t mean we won’t at some point.
Here I am buying Johnathan’s duramax kit. He advertised on the forum and I like it, That tells me he supports enthusiasts.

Eric

2017 TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD
2018 ZO6/Z07 convertible M7 3LZ

100% pure breed Siberian Husky
15 X girl friends, all of them fat. looking for # 16 Smile

American by choice.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
ARD
Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I did not mean anything by my post, although I should have known better Very Happy I just though I'm loosing it.

Fact is, there are few very well known and respected vendors that are NOT sponsors of this forum. I have no idea what it takes to be a sponsor of HML, and I am fairly new on here, but it seems that some vendors do become sponsors to get the word out and once they are semi established they feel that this expense is no longer necessary. Truth is, I really don't know if MM is profitable (maybe not) and the reasons for unbecoming the sponsor, so lets not judge.

On the other hand, all hail to the guys that have supported this community for all those years. Hats off to you guys. Super 2 thumbs up not worthy prayer

2001 HMCS in Black / 2 x PMD relocations (2 separate locations) / HEATH Diesel ECU / Mechanical waste gate / 4” fully welded exhaust / Scan Gauge II / RD wheel guards / HummerDan's Step Skid Guards / Balance Master Wheel Balancers / Cepek wheels / BFG T/A KO2 / Warn Winch / Rigid Light Bar / Full LED conversion /
andyman
Passenger

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strictly from an outsiders point of view and from talking to a few vendors. This forum is a bit hostile to them and post trend toward diy / used to save cost.

Not that its bad for users, its full of good info which is why I come.
wooody1
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would become pretty hostile if someone cleared the decks of all the small players and put them under one umbrella, then ramped the prices up on every single item by a massive mark up, used the buyers money to do group buys while skimming the cream off each and every small maker of their products, does not matter where you come from on this planet people don't like it and they vote with their wallet.

We all know the vendors here who do good by balancing the business side of things without bleeding people dry, there is no pretty way too say it without upsetting some folk.They {MM} set the ground rules and the masses spoke, 1 year out and its back to the drawing board, I welcome those small players back who stood under that umbrella for one year so they can continue there good work and still make a living, you can come out of the umbrella that was full of holes as this forum will keep you bone dry.

1986 LHD M998 DESERT TAN 4 DOOR SOFT TOP WITH 2005 MILITARY UPGRADE AND REVISED GEP 6.5 NA ENGINE & X DOORS.TO BE CONVERTED TO SLANTBACK WITH TURRET
GilbertHerman
5th Most Valuable HML Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have in my nearly 20 years on the HML seen people come and go; advertisers and companies come and go.

The HML really had only one objective ... give Hummer owners and enthusiasts a place to talk about our trucks, help each other out with repairs, off roading techniques and tall stories, and such.

There have been loyal members and companies since the beginning. I thank them for the support and knowledge shared.

There have been controversial members or companies over the years ... adds a little drama to the site, some left, some stayed and toned it down. Some of our people have nearly doubled their age since joining ... the HML has been going on for a long time.

We have seen families grow, favorite members die and new members join.

This online community is just that ... a community that has at least one common bond ... Hummers.

May the HML stay online indefinitely.
Bob ... My thanks and appreciation for your donated time and money.
Gil

6th Most Valuable Member; Falling Quickly
Mod Mafia
Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still support the community by making parts. We have transitioned into much more of a service focused shop in our new 6200ft building.

We did not see the Owner of the Forum improving it or validating any marketing research like we see else where for free. One venders sponsorship should support all the cost of a forum. The rest is profit.

We decided to stop paying Bob profit.

There are always too sides to a story, if you want more info you know how to reach us.

We do almost daily updates on Instagram at modmafiallc

This is our last post on the HML. Wish everyone the best.

Proud Partner of HumveeLife

Humvette Build Thread:
http://www.hummernetworkforums.....p?t=227310

Omega Build Thread:
http://www.hummernetworkforums.....p?t=243907
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Twitter
cander27
Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man eating popcorn
HumveeLife Dude
twins
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GilbertHerman wrote:
I have in my nearly 20 years on the HML seen people come and go; advertisers and companies come and go.

The HML really had only one objective ... give Hummer owners and enthusiasts a place to talk about our trucks, help each other out with repairs, off roading techniques and tall stories, and such.

There have been loyal members and companies since the beginning. I thank them for the support and knowledge shared.

There have been controversial members or companies over the years ... adds a little drama to the site, some left, some stayed and toned it down. Some of our people have nearly doubled their age since joining ... the HML has been going on for a long time.

This online community is just that ... a community that has at least one common bond ... Hummers.

Gil

Well said Gil! We’ve been a part of the community for a third of our lives and love it. We too have even spent time with a member who passed (RIP Racer X) and thanks for your site support!
d&d

All Gassers
1993 M1038 HUMVEE
gilbertherman[1]
5th Most Valuable HML Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: advertisers - Mod Mafia Reply with quote

I miss WOW (Wayne). I am happy his daughter inherited the truck and joined the HML.

I wonder how many more 2nd generation HML members we have.
Gil

Sent from my iPhone Gilbert Herman

Quote:
On May 16, 2018, at 6:16 PM, twins wrote:

GilbertHerman wrote:
Quote:

Gil

Well said Gil! We’ve been a part of the community for a third of our lives and love it. We too have even spent time with a member who passed (RIP Racer X) and thanks for your site support!
d&d

------------------------
95-OT
95-4DHT: SOLD
96-WAGON: SOLD
All Gassers
1993 M1038 HUMVEE

POSTED VIA THE MAILING LIST
twins
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: advertisers - Mod Mafia Reply with quote

gilbertherman[1] wrote:
I miss WOW (Wayne). I am happy his daughter inherited the truck and joined the HML.

I wonder how many more 2nd generation HML members we have.
Gil

Sent from my iPhone Gilbert Herman

Well all I can say is I don't think my 21 year old daughter will ever give up the 95-OT as she is completely hooked. She's a full time college student so that truck is still my responsibility to keep her safe and in all honesty. I LOVE IT!!!
darvin

All Gassers
1993 M1038 HUMVEE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: