The HUMMER Network Forums

Home of the famous HML

Hummer Marketplace | Hummer Knowledge Base
Donate | HumveeLife | FB | Mailing List
Hummer Calendar | YouTube Channel

The Hummer Network
THE Place for Hummer Owners Since 1996
Over 20 years of dedication.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   GuidelinesForum Rules   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Threads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strandtc
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Best Threads Reply with quote

Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but I thought I would ask.

Is there a listing of the best threads anywhere? The H1 forum isn't really broken down by topic (and I don't ever expect it to based on the history of the HML), but there are years and years of discussions and there are old threads that are very valuable.

For example, people do build threads with lots of great information, but trying to search 10+ years back is impossible. Tech threads where someone takes something apart. etc etc

Alternately, a way to see the most active threads. The ones that have gotten the most views over the years, or the most posts.

Thanks,
-Chris
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Best Threads Reply with quote

strandtc wrote:
Maybe this has been covered elsewhere, but I thought I would ask.

Is there a listing of the best threads anywhere? The H1 forum isn't really broken down by topic (and I don't ever expect it to based on the history of the HML), but there are years and years of discussions and there are old threads that are very valuable.

For example, people do build threads with lots of great information, but trying to search 10+ years back is impossible. Tech threads where someone takes something apart. etc etc

Alternately, a way to see the most active threads. The ones that have gotten the most views over the years, or the most posts.

Thanks,
-Chris

"Best threads" would be very subjective. Each person would have a different idea of "best". There isn't a way, technically, to sort topics by number of views or replies.

The H1 forum must be general in nature, and not broken down into sub-forums, because of integration with the original mailing list. Only one forum can be tied to only one mailing list, so there must be only one H1 forum.

You could just start a new topic asking for people's ideas of the best topics, or specific types of topics. It might be fun.

strandtc
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well If I started collecting and organizing links to some of the best threads, I would want to put them in a location that would stick around, and could stay organized.

For me personally, I like the really technical threads, but having many people be able to suggest different types and which threads should be added is a great idea.

Is starting a new thread in the main forum the best way of going about this?

-Chris
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strandtc wrote:
Well If I started collecting and organizing links to some of the best threads, I would want to put them in a location that would stick around, and could stay organized.

For me personally, I like the really technical threads, but having many people be able to suggest different types and which threads should be added is a great idea.

Is starting a new thread in the main forum the best way of going about this?

-Chris

It's up to you how you would like to go about it, but the topics you seek would be in the main forum.

For many years, the best technical posts were collected and stored in the Hummer Knowledge Base.

BTW, the HML will enter its 20th year next month!

strandtc
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bob, thats amazing. I'm so happy this has been a continued resource for the community all this time. I've gotten a ton of value out of it over the years.

-Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: