Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Location: Location, Location
|Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm Post subject: Why is there a specific forum for Forum-Related Questions?
|There are some very good reasons for this:
1. The Forum-Related Questions forum is set up to immediately notify me if anything is posted here, so questions can be addressed promptly.
2. When forum-related questions are buried in some unrelated thread on the H1 forum, they are likely to be overlooked. I have no way of knowing how many such questions have been asked there which I have never even seen. I can't answer questions if I don't know they've been asked.
3. Forum-related questions hijack threads on the H1 forum.
4. Everything posted to the H1 forum goes out over the mailing list, the original HML. Mailing list users don't need to be getting forum-related questions in their e-mails.
5. If a forum-related question is posted on the H1 forum, people who don't really know the correct answer may attempt to answer it. That often results in incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete answers. I'm the guy who actually knows how everything here works.
6. Forum-related questions and answers can be found in one place, so someone with the same question can find the answer. It's a good informational resource.
7. Since I will not contribute to thread hijacking, inconveniencing numerous mailing list and forum users, or bury information on the workings of the forum deep within unrelated threads, I will not answer forum-related questions on the H1 forum. I will gladly answer them here, where they are supposed to be asked.
Serving the Hummer community since 1996