The HUMMER Network
Home of the famous HML

Hummer Marketplace | Hummer Knowledge Base
Donate | FB | Hummer Calendar | YouTube Channel

The Hummer Network
THE Place for Hummer Owners Since 1996
Over 20 years of dedication.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   GuidelinesForum Rules   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefox 3 not allowing me to login

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brunsyeah
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Firefox 3 not allowing me to login Reply with quote

Not sure if its my browser settings or something on the forum. Downloaded the new firefox and it will not let me log into the forums? I have tried logging in via message box direction, the login button and just click on a forum, none of those three allowed me to login. When I put user and password in and click login it resets back to the mainpage like it would if I had logged in correctly but I am still not logged in...

Sorry if this is confusing, my old firefox worked fine for it, if this is something that someone knows let me know, otherwise its a heads up....

I think the new release firefox is relatively recent so it could be an issue with the fox too...

Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Firefox 3, the Mac version, and never had any problem. Are you getting an error message when you attempt to log in? If so, what does it tell you?

Your cookie setting should have been retained from your earlier version, but might not have if you installed it in a different location. You might check that. If it's rejecting cookies, that might be your problem. That's what it sounds like to me.

There are no problems with the forum itself.

You must have been logged in when you posted this question. It's attributed to your username and shows your avatar.
brunsyeah
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used IE, and am using IE!

Didn't necessarily mean it was a forum problem, I guess I was looking for guidance!!

I use the old firefox at work and its A-Okay!

HNF was on my cookies list, I just specified HNF as allowed and it still won't allow me. There are no error messages. Heres whats happening:

I click the bottom right button of the options under the text banner where it says login
I type user name and password
click log me in each time I visit
Click Log In
A couple second pause like a page is loading
Takes me right back to the forums index and I am still not logged in...

Let me know if you have any ideas, It does bring up my username again when I click login from the banner button....

Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I installed Firefox 3 on my PC at the location it detected, over the old version. My settings were retained. I cannot recreate the problem. I can log off, then log on just fine.

Under tools/options/privacy, under Cookies, I have both boxes checked, "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies". The drop-down box next to "Keep until:" is set to "they expire".

Try that. If you still have a problem, let me know and I'll consult with Clark.
brunsyeah
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it to work. Heres what I did.

Tools>Clear Private data> checked boxes:
download history
cache
cookies
authenticated sessions

It let me login with that!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: