Chrome users: This site IS secure!

The HUMMER Network
Home of the famous HML

Hummer Marketplace | Hummer Knowledge Base
Donate | FB | Hummer Calendar | YouTube Channel

The Hummer Network
THE Place for Hummer Owners Since 1996
Over 20 years of dedication.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   GuidelinesForum Rules   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Handheld surfing suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brunsyeah
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Handheld surfing suggestion Reply with quote

You might get a kick out of this and it may be something you can work on.
I doubt I am the only one with a pda phone that allows surfing the web.
I have a motorola Q, uses a microsoft windows platform.

So heres my question/suggestion: When I get onto the hummernetworkforums.com from my mobile phone it will not allow me to login to the website. as you know this prevents me from viewing the forums. Even if not able to post it would be nice to view the forums while I am surfing from my mobile phone. When I go to the log in page, it allows me to enter username and password but it does not allow me to select the login button. Seems that anything that is posted on the site as a link it will allow me to do, such as the forgot your password right below the login. I dont know if this is something you are familiar with or have read anything about but I think it would be a pretty cool option. With the rise in popularity of browsing by mobile phone it MAY be something you would want to look into.

Let me know if you come up with any suggestions or hints....

Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a question for someone knowledgeable about your specific model of phone. I have only one suggestion. If you can enter your username and password, and there's an "Enter" or "Return" key or equivalent, try using that. It should have the same effect as clicking on the "Log In" button.
brunsyeah
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the enter/return key, it does not work. The only things it allows you to enter on are things that are linked such as the FAQ SEARCH etc.
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brunsyeah wrote:
I tried the enter/return key, it does not work. The only things it allows you to enter on are things that are linked such as the FAQ SEARCH etc.

In that case, I regret I cannot be of any help. I don't even own a cell phone. You might try customer service or tech support for your phone.
chrisbenson
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same type of issue in using regular old Firefox on my laptop. If I pull up the forum by typing it in it won't allow me to login. If I click on a link in an email form a previous reply thread then I can login sometimes. I usually have to revert back to using IE and then I can login. I'd sure like to figure out why firefox doesn't login.

-Chris

NASAR Tech II - Wilderness Mantracker
KJ4LKE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Yahoo Messenger Twitter
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisbenson wrote:
I have the same type of issue in using regular old Firefox on my laptop. If I pull up the forum by typing it in it won't allow me to login. If I click on a link in an email form a previous reply thread then I can login sometimes. I usually have to revert back to using IE and then I can login. I'd sure like to figure out why firefox doesn't login.

What do you mean "won't allow me"? Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?

I use Firefox and have never had any problem whatsoever. Many other users also use Firefox.

Do you check the "Log me on automatically each visit" box on the log-in form? Does that work? If not, there's a cookie problem. See:

http://www.hummernetworkforums.....p?t=155147

You should check your cookie and security settings. Also your firewall if you're using one. Something appears to be interfering with your 2-way communication with the forum. You seem to imply the problem is with your laptop and not with another computer (am I reading that correctly?). If so, your laptop has some setting in place that the other computer does not.
chrisbenson
Lead Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:

What do you mean "won't allow me"? Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?

I use Firefox and have never had any problem whatsoever. Many other users also use Firefox.

Do you check the "Log me on automatically each visit" box on the log-in form? Does that work? If not, there's a cookie problem. See:

http://www.hummernetworkforums.....p?t=155147

You should check your cookie and security settings. Also your firewall if you're using one. Something appears to be interfering with your 2-way communication with the forum. You seem to imply the problem is with your laptop and not with another computer (am I reading that correctly?). If so, your laptop has some setting in place that the other computer does not.

At the regular login page I type in my info and click the Login button. Then the same login page just reloads similar to if I were to type in the wrong password or something but it doesn't say anything. It just.. reloads. Doesn't matter if I check the "keep me logged in" box or not. I checked the cookie settings and they are set to keep until expire. (shrug)

-Chris

NASAR Tech II - Wilderness Mantracker
KJ4LKE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Yahoo Messenger Twitter
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisbenson wrote:

At the regular login page I type in my info and click the Login button. Then the same login page just reloads similar to if I were to type in the wrong password or something but it doesn't say anything. It just.. reloads. Doesn't matter if I check the "keep me logged in" box or not. I checked the cookie settings and they are set to keep until expire. (shrug)

It does sound like you're using the wrong username and/or password, but I'm sure you have checked that. Otherwise, there must be something strange going on with your laptop. You didn't say whether or not you are using another computer which can access the forum OK. Obviously you can access it somehow, since you're posting here. If so, you might compare settings between the laptop and the other computer. Something must be different.

Passwords ARE case-sensitive, so make sure your caps lock key isn't on and that you are entering your password with the correct capitalization (if any). If this is the case, an error message saying something like you're using an incorrect password will appear briefly, then the log-in form will re-load. It might be going by so fast that you're not seeing it.

There are no technical issues on this end, and Firefox works perfectly well with the forum. I use Firefox exclusively. The only time I use IE is to test something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> Forum-Related Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: