The HUMMER Network Forums

Home of the famous HML

Hummer Marketplace | Hummer Knowledge Base
Donate | HumveeLife | FB | Mailing List
Hummer Calendar | YouTube Channel

The Hummer Network
THE Place for Hummer Owners Since 1996
Over 20 years of dedication.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   GuidelinesForum Rules   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If You Have Lost or Forgotten Your Username and/or Password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hummer Network
Since 1996

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: If You Have Lost or Forgotten Your Username and/or Password Reply with quote

If you have lost or forgotten your forum username, first try the obvious, like your own name, nickname or the username part of your e-mail address. Most often, this is the forum username as well. If not, contact the forum admin who can look it up for you. Be sure to include the e-mail address you used when you registered for the forum. That is the basis of the lookup.

If you have lost or forgotten your password but do remember your username, use the "I forgot my password" option on the log-in form. A new password will be e-mailed to your e-mail address of record (the one you used when you registered). Passwords are encrypted for security reasons, so the forum admin cannot retrieve yours for you.
    IMPORTANT: If you "reset" your password by using "I forgot my password" on the log-in form, you will be sent an e-mail containing a new password AND A LINK WITH AN ACTIVATION KEY. The new password needs to be activated using this link before it will work. I often hear from users who have "reset" their passwords only to find the new password doesn't work. That' s because they overlooked this important step. Note that the subject of the e-mail with the new password is "New password activation".

If you have lost or forgotten both your username and your password, proceed as in the first paragraph above. Once you have your username, proceed as in the second paragraph above.

It's easy to simply avoid this problem in the first place:
    1. Check the "Log me on automatically each visit" box on the log-in form. Then, you will no longer be prompted to enter your username and password each time. This works well unless your computer crashes, you change web browsers, and/or you lose or delete your browser cookies.

2. Keep your username and password written on a piece of paper kept in a secure location. How secure it needs to be is up to you. You will then have your username and password readily available if/when you need them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Hummer Network Index -> FORUM SUPPORT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: