The Hummer Network

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to read thread content, participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other Hummer enthusiasts through your own private inbox.

Front Hood Grille

Asking Price (USD)
$100
Or Best Offer or Firm Price?
Firm

Weezy

Co-driver
Steel - black powder coated
Direct bolt on replacement for the stock weld wire vertical front hood grille
I made a custom one for my truck and had multiple people ask for one so I made about 15 more and have 4 left
$100 + actual shipping

Attachments

• grill1.jpg
    grill1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
  • grill2.jpg
    grill2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • grilllooseclose.jpg
    grilllooseclose.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 39
  • grilloose.jpg
    grilloose.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: Tad
How much thicker are these than the stock part? They look nice but seem as though they would block a fair amount of airflow.
I was going to take a picture of the two on top of each other to show the difference but forgot before I disposed of my stock one. Ill try to find one and get comparison photos. I am sure there is a few square inch reduction in open surface area. My truck came with the light armored grill and hood vent grill so this is a great improvement in air flow. I and about 13 other trucks have ran this grill for about a year with no difference in operating temperature. Most are running a hood scoop which in combination has proved to be more than adequate. It definitely looks better and gives the truck a more finished appearance. Let me know if your interested and can drop one in the mail for you to try out.

Nothing against the idea of the flat plate- i just like the woven wire look better (yeah I am odd).
But can you open your brushgaurd and take a couple pics of the upper piece on the hood then post it “FULL IMAGE” please? The smaller image doesn’t allow my phone to enlarge well and I just wanna check out your set up better. Looks interesting but can’t make it out well.

Definitely eliminating the uparmoured grille is always a smart move.

Any plans to make new matching plates to the upper grille or keeping square holes lower and round holes upper long term?

Ill get you a better picture. The upper hood vent grill is a Plan B Trucks piece they sell for $800. I think this is the most drastic improvement I have made for increased air flow when moving. Plus it looks good. It came with the diamond shaped inserts and I havent had the desire to swap them out yet. They are separated enough that they sort of still match.

Here is a link to the hood scoop: I highly recommend it.

Nothing against the idea of the flat plate- i just like the woven wire look better (yeah I am odd).
But can you open your brushgaurd and take a couple pics of the upper piece on the hood then post it “FULL IMAGE” please? The smaller image doesn’t allow my phone to enlarge well and I just wanna check out your set up better. Looks interesting but can’t make it out well.

Definitely eliminating the uparmoured grille is always a smart move.

Any plans to make new matching plates to the upper grille or keeping square holes lower and round holes upper long term?

Here is a link to the hood scoop: I highly recommend it.
Highly recommend doing some searching on this forum regarding hood scoops - you'll find a couple threads that talk about their merits (or rather lack thereof) when tested by the government in a wind tunnel.

Highly recommend doing some searching on this forum regarding hood scoops - you'll find a couple threads that talk about their merits (or rather lack thereof) when tested by the government in a wind tunnel.
My involvement is why I was asking him. Can’t say anything specific about a design like that- we didn’t test anything that drastic.

Did the government have a cool looking rating on a hood scoop.? :) I give it a 10/10 for that purpose!